YOU HAVE REACHED A WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN BUY YOUR PRESCRIPTION GLASSES DISCOUNTED UP TO 70%. CLICK HERE TO START YOUR NAVIGATION.
News » Eye drops: precautions, dosage and types present on the market
Eye drops: precautions, dosage and types present on the market
Eye drops is a drug used to soothe the major eye trouble, caused, in most cases, by external agents such as smog, dust, seasonal allergies or air conditioning.
Dry eye, in the majority of cases, is caused by the habit, to spend many hours in front of the computer screen, for business or leisure.
Eye drops certainly represents a first solution to cushion these hassles provided that you have the device to follow the directions for proper administration.
But, what eye drops for eyes are exactly?
When use should be undertaken with caution and how many types there are on the market?
We try to give full answer to all these questions right.
Eye drops for eyes: Precautions
The eye drops for the eyes are sterile solutions in drops, free of bacteria.
They can be prescribed for the treatment of many symptoms and are a source of great benefit to the welfare of the eyes. However, for some subjects, the use of eye drops must be made with great caution and only after careful medical evaluation: is the case of pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding, of those who use contact lenses, of those with diabetes, or in the case it is affected by particular eye disease or injury, heart disease etc.
It \'s very important to remember that the drops plays an important pharmacological action, but that not all eye drops are equal. And \'therefore essential to know the properties of the eye drops and its characteristics to better choose the one most suitable for your specific case.
On the market there is an eye drop for every need and the main recommendation is always to consult your eye care professional.
Classification of eye drops sold commercially
• Eye drops decongestant effective in cases of swollen blood vessels of the eyes;
• Eye drops Antihistamines work by preventing chemical histamine to trigger the consequent symptoms in allergic reactions;
• Eye drops decongestants and antihistamines are a combination of the two previous types of drops, in a single solution;
• Eye drops antibiotics useful for the treatment of bacterial type infections;
• antiviral Eye drops for the treatment of ocular infections caused by herpes;
• anti-inflammatory steroid eyedrops not inhibit the body\'s ability to produce prostaglandins;
• Eye drops corticosteroids tend to decrease inflammation during an allergic reaction by simulating the behavior of the hormone in the body;
• mast cell stabilizers acting on the eye by strengthening the mast cells by preventing them from releasing histamine;
• eye drops or ointment saline solution, eye drops and artificial tears usually prescribed to lubricate and wash away allergens cause eye irritation.
Eye Drops and Contact Lenses
We ask ourselves, very often, if you can use contact lenses and eye drops simultaneously. Generally there is no harm in this sense.
In principle, it is good to leave a margin of about 15 minutes between the application of the drop and the one of the lenses. In case you should again use the eye drops in the course of the day, it is appropriate to remove the lens and replace them after the instillation of the drops except in the case of certain specific types of eye drops, which, however, can be used without having to remove the lenses .
Too often, the eye drops is used lightly and / or not used at all.
As we understand, the advantages are many, but one should not underestimate dose and effects.